Raritan MCD-216 - MasterConsole Digital - Next Generation Cat5 KVM switch
Raritan MCD-216 MasterConsole Digital KVM is a dual-user switch to used to control multiple servers. It features KVM ports for 16 servers and can be cascaded 2 levels to support up to 512 connections at distances up to 150 feet (45 meters). Connecting to a computer is made easier with the use of standard Category 5/6/6e cables. MCD-216 provides a friendly OSD (On-Screen Display) interface and hotkeys for quick and easy access connected computers.
Raritan's MCD-216 is ideal for small to midsized businesses (SMB) who need to have a centralized point of access to multiple servers without the expense and clutter of a dedicated keyboard, mouse, and monitor for each computer or server. MCD-216 supports the highest HD video resolution of up to 1920x1080 via standard Category 5/6/6e cabling. The multi-format video interface supports both Analog - VGA and Digital - DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort. Stereo audio is also supported by using VGA combo cables or MCD-216's HDMI Computer Interface Modules (CIMs).
Supports HDMI/DVI/DP/VGA video and stereo audio
MCD-216 MasterConsole Digital supports severs with both analog (VGA) and digital video: HDMI, DVI, and DisplayPort (DP). Audio is supported by Raritan's MDCIM-HDMI or MDUTP VGA KVM combo cables.
High-definition video support up to 1920x1080
MCD-216 supports 1920 x 1080 video resolutions at 150 feet.
Two Users can manage 16 servers
Dual users user can manage 16 servers connected to MCD-216. Users can also expand up to 512 servers by cascading the units.
Intuitive On-Screen Display
Plug-and-play installation, auto-configuration, and easy-to-use on-screen displays. Targets can be labeled with device names for easier server selection from the OSD.
AutoScan / AutoSkip
AutoScan allows users to scan servers at variable rates for effortless monitoring. AutoSkip allows users to bypass inactive channels.
Cascading for Expansion
MCD-216 can be cascaded 2 levels, by using Raritan's MDCIM-DVI or MDUTP cables, to control up to 512 servers
Integrated Switch & Console Drawer
Raritan MasterConsole Digital series is also available as a space-saving 17" Console Drawer with an Integrated KVM Switch (MCD-LED)
- Next generation Cat5 interface supports digital & analog video interfaces and audio: MCD-216 MasterConsole Digital KVM Switch is the next generation of Raritan Cat5 KVM switches. It supports dual user control of up to 16 servers.
- Space-Saving Design: MCD-216 is only 1U of rack space in height
- Cross-Platform and Hardware Independent: MCD-216 works with a mixture of servers that have USB keyboard/mouse interfaces and HDMI/DVI/DP digital video interfaces or analog VGA.,MDCIMs are available for support of various servers and devices in your data center including MS-DOS, Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Linux (Red Hat, Novell Suse), Macintosh OS9, OSX and SCO UNIX.
- "keep-alive" technology: MCD-216 server interface cables (MDCIMs) with "keep-alive" technology allow users to add, remove and hot-swap CIMs without interruption to the live servers. MDCIMs also support DDC, DDC2, and DDC2B.
- Cat5 Simplicity: Utilizes Cat5e/6/6e cabling to carry the KVM signaling from the server (via MDCIMs) to a KVM switch.
- Servers can be labeled with server' names: Allows easier server selection from the on-screen menu.
- Quickly switches between sources without physical access
- Get reliable connectivity between 16 computers and 2 local users
- Get high-resolution video with impressive clarity, thanks to the 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Hot-pluggable USB interface for a quick connection
- The rack-mountable form factor provides convenient installation